- American-made SolarWorld modules are built on a foundation of more than 40 years of ongoing innovation, continuous optimization and technology expertise. All production steps from silicon to module are established at their production sites ensuring the highest possibly quality. SolarWorld modules are suitable for all global applications — from residential solar systems to large-scale power plants.
- The SW 295-watt Sunmodule Plus is designed for long-term use, durability and ease of use. It will sustain loads of up to 113 pounds per square foot, which means it will withstand even the harshest weather conditions. Its black anodized aluminum frame is compatible with “Top-Down” and “Bottom” mounting methods.
- SolarWorld products are manufactured in state-of-the-art factories according to US and international labor and environmental standards. Their flash testing process ensures that any SolarWorld solar panel delivered to your door has greater than or equal power to the nameplate rated power.
- SolarWorld’s solar panel warranty is different than many of its competitors. Their linear warranty guarantees that the power generated will not decrease more than 0.7% per year from its nameplate over a 25-year period. The SW295 Sunmodule Plus also comes with a 20-year workmanship warranty.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 65.95 × 39.4 × 1.3 inches
- Weight: 39.7 lbs
- Light weight, durable frame design
- Resistant to salt spray, frost, ammonia, dust and sand
- Proven guarantee against hotspots and PID-free to IEC 62804-1
- SolarWorld Efcell™ PERC cell technology for the highest possible energy yields
- Patented corner design with integrated drainage for optimized self-cleaning
- High-transmissive glass with anti-reflective coating
- 25-year linear performance warranty; 20-year product warranty
- The leader in American solar manufacturing: As the largest U.S. solar photovoltaic manufacturer for more than 40 years, SolarWorld is uniquely recognized as America’s solar leader. Solarworld has been producing modules here in the U.S. since 1975 and maintains a continuous commitment to quality and manufacturing excellence.
- Not only does Solarworld employ hundreds of Americans at their facility in Oregon, they also help stimulate the U.S. economy by sourcing domestically whenever possible. Since 2008, SolarWorld purchased more than $1.5 billion in equipment, parts, services and supplies from 50 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. This creates even more American jobs and supports American businesses.
- A Higher Standard of Quality: Solar panels produced at SolarWorld manufacturing plants have operated in the field for the past 40-plus years, making them the longest continuously running commercial solar manufacturer. SolarWorld has a proven track record of outlasting and outperforming their warranties. This is accomplished by carefully controlling and precisely executing every step in the manufacturing process.
Here are a few ways SolarWorld emphasizes their commitment to quality:
- Extreme solar panel testing
- Rigorous top quality material selection
- Inspection and trace-ability
- Superior junction box
- Fully automated manufacturing
- Third-party validation
- Constantly innovating
- Committed to Sustainability
SolarWorld’s commitment to sustainability and community involvement is demonstrated by their many programs aimed at reducing waste, conserving water, recycling, and responsibly sourcing materials. Through their Solar2World initiative, the company donates solar panels to power community services around the world such as hospitals and water pumping.